Knowledge and Recognition Of SIRS and Sepsis among Pediatric Nurses
|Contact Hours: 1.3||
Read the Article (Acrobat)
|Deadline for Submission: December 31, 2016|
The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) diagnostic criteria, sepsis guidelines, and the importance of SIRS recognition.
- Define systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS).
- Discuss findings from this review study that indicate there is a knowledge deficit in the recognition of SIRS by pediatric nurses.
- Explain the importance of educational interventions for increasing awareness of SIRS recognition in the pediatric nursing community.
- To receive continuing nursing education credit for individual study after reading the article, complete the answer/evaluation form.
- Submit online or send a photocopy of the answer/evaluation form along with a check or credit card order payable to Pediatric Nursing to Pediatric Nursing, CNE Series, East Holly Avenue/ Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071–0056.
- Test must be submitted online or postmarked by December 31, 2016. Upon completion of the answer/evaluation form, a certificate for 1.3 will be awarded and mailed to you.