The Role and Impact of Animals with Pediatric Patients
|Contact Hours: 1.4||
Read the Article (Acrobat)
|Deadline for Submission: April 30, 2017|
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to understand the use of animalfacility therapy (AFT) in pediatric patients.
- Define animal-facilitated therapy (AFT), including its alternative terms animal-assisted therapy (AAT) and animal-assisted activities (AAA).
- Discuss the possible benefits of using AFT.
- Explain possible limitations to using AFT.
- To receive continuing nursing education credit for individual study after reading the article, complete the answer/evaluation form.
- Submit online or send a photocopy of the answer/evaluation form along with a check or credit card order payable to Pediatric Nursing to Pediatric Nursing, CNE Series, East Holly Avenue/ Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071–0056.
- Test must be submitted online or postmarked by April 30, 2017. Upon completion of the answer/evaluation form, a certificate for 1.4 will be awarded and mailed to you.